3cx Ring group only rings the first extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by koke1, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koke1

I have installed 3CX with SNOM9 phones. One of the problems I have is the fact I want an inbound call ring all snom extension (5 total), no matter what I do, I can only get one extension to ring (the first one in the ring group) All the rest of the extensions are ignored.
    I have read that there is a limitation of number of simultaneous calls snom M9 can handle. Is there any way to get around this and make all extension in the SNOM9 ring at the same time?
    Thanks,
    Jorge

2. jsadan

I haven't personally setup any ring groups but an option I see when creating a new one is 'Ring Strategy' The Prioritized Hunt I would think chooses the 1st extension cause it isn't busy. I would try changing this to 'Ring all'

If you can reply to let us know that this is the fix it would be appreciated!

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You realize that there are two type of ring groups, one rings all members at the same time and the other rings progressively through the members. If you are set to use the first and it doesn't work, then, post a 3CX log showing an incoming call to the group. I'm assuming that all the extensions in the group show as registered.

4. koke1

Thanks for your answers. Currently, the ring strategy group is set to "Ring All extensions". All phones show registered. They all can make outgoing calls. Also, if I change the priority of the phones within the group, (for instance, switchthe phone around within the ring group) then, whatever snom extension that happens to be on the top of the list, that is the one phone that rings.
    When I get home this afternoon, I will post the logs. The phones are: the Snom M9 base station and five Snom M9 phones.

Thanks

5. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

There may be a limitation with the M9 with regard to the number of simultaneous calls allowed. I had a similar problem with a Siemens cordless, and got around that by configuring an extension (on the Siemens) to ring all the handsets at the same time when a call comes in. For example, if a call comes in to 3cx extension 442, then the Siemens cordless unit is configured to call all the handsets. At the same time, handsets can have a second extension associated with them so that they can be called directly. I don't have experience with the M9's directly.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.