• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX RingGroup - Target if no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintox

Reaction score
Hello,

we have a question to the ringgroup feature of our 3CX System.
I hope we use the right feature for our problem.

Case is as follows:
Employee X get a call but don't answer the call. After 10 seconds the call will be forwarded to a ring group which has team colleagues of the employee X included. If also nobody of this group answer the call it goes back to the extension which we set on "Target if no answer" in the signal group settings.
This solution needs for every extension one signal group.
Is there a better solution out there?
For example a rule which transfer the call back to the called extension independently. Then we need only one signal group for a team in which we setting up this?

Thanks for your help!

Hello @nintox

Doesn't this create a loop so the call goes extension->ring group->extension->... until someone picks up the call? Is this the behavior that you want to achieve? If yes, why not use a Call Queue?
Can you please describe the logic of what you are trying to achieve?

Reactions: cjkoll
Hello @mariosM_3CX ,

thats almost rigth. One thing I wrote wrong above. The call should not go back to the called phone. After the ring group (or queue) step, the call should hit the voicemail of the called exension independently. Currently I only saw the function to set a specific extension after a ring group.

You can do that, but to reach a specific extension VM, as you feared, you will have to create a ring group to send that original call, for each extension. It is also assumed that the original extension will not have any busy/no answer to a voice mailbox, otherwise the call will go there, rather than off to a ring group, then back to VM

Last edited:
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Ok - thanks. I will configure it as you discribed.
To simplify it, is there a possibility to create a group (group tab) of a team and insert this group in every extensions ring group of the team?
Then I don't need to choose every extension of the extensions ring group seperately.

There are Extension Groups in 3CX but those are used mainly for Presence and for delegating user rights, not for what you want it.

You would have to create the Ring Groups manually an insert the extensions in one-by-one each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.