3CX Routing Calls to Vondage PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhogue1975, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhogue1975

I have a customer that just purchsed 3CX v15.5 on-prem PBX Standard 16SC and they have multiple sites that currently use Vonage Hosted VOIP solution at the offsite locations. They would like to be able to dial 4 digit extensions from 3CX to their offsite locations and have 3CX dial their Vonage IP Phones. They obviously want to do the same in reverse, dial from the Vonage IP Phones to their 3CX system via 4 digit extension numbers. They are using 2000 in their Los Angeles Office, 3000 in thier Canada Office and I configured 1000 in thier 3CX location. How would I either tie these PBX's together for the 4 digit dialing?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could tie the systems together using Bridge Trunks, which can be configured to register in either direction. Have a read through this....

https://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/

Seeing as the thousand groups are different at each location makes it much easier to craft 4 digit dialling in the outbound rules.

3. jhogue1975

Thank you for the response. I notice it mentiones that the the Asterisk PBX is on the same LAN. I assume this will not be an issue to connect the 3CX and Vonge system which is a Hosted system and not an On-Prem PBX at the other locations.

When creating the 4 digit dialing plan for outbound rules would I need to do a dial plan for each offsite extension so the 3CX user could reach another extension at any office? If say the 3CX user wants to call someone in the Los Angeles Office for example at extension 2007 would I need to build an individual outbound rule just for each individual offsite extension or could I create 1 outbound Rule and somehow put multiple extensions for the Los Angeles route and then build another for the Canada Office and so on?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Setting up the Bridge trunks, whether the other PBX is on the same LAN, or remote, works in the same manner, it's just the far end IP that is going to be different, public as opposed to local. You can set the far end to register with 3CX, or 3CX register with the far end (master or slave) as it would with a VoIP provider.

As far as the dialplan...as long as there are no local extensions that match the 4 digit extensions in the other offices, then you should only need one rule for each office. Rule for LA office, 4 digit numbers staring with 2, don't strip any digits, and send over bridge trunk you created to the LA office. that assumes that the LA end can accept 4 digit numbers on their incoming trunk. You can, of course, prefix any additional digits, if required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.