Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX - Salesforce Click to Call integration with Mac Client

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Dragonsong3k, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonsong3k

Simple question. Is the Mac client able to utilize the click to call functionality like the Windows Client?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Dragonsong3k,

I am afraid not but you can post this as a feature request in our ideas section of this forum?

3. the136

Good Morning. It's certainly possible to manipulate what's needed to make Click2Call a possibility. There are many browser plugins available, I've been told that 3CX offer one for Chrome, and I know that there is a generic plugin on Firefox called MeloSIP Click2Call. All the plugin needs to do is identify the phone number and modify the text into a link using the SIP protocol: For example, sip:0123456789.

I have done this on my helpdesk: https://thetechie.co.uk/blog/custom-3cx-click-to-call re-writing some code I found on the blogs (which may or may not still work on Windows systems, but didn't work on my Mac so I had to modify it - and decided to make it prettier while I was there).

So Click to Call is possible if you are using the Mac Softphone - you just need to use the SIP protocol and not the TCXCALLTO protocol.

4. Patrick Hogan10

Hey Dragonsong3k,

Have you ever opt for a CTI solution? The one I use has a click to call feature, and supports both 3CX and Salesforce. Check out Tenfold, their website is www.tenfold.com. Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.