3CX - Salesforce Click to Call integration with Mac Client

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Dragonsong3k, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonsong3k

Simple question. Is the Mac client able to utilize the click to call functionality like the Windows Client?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Dragonsong3k,

I am afraid not but you can post this as a feature request in our ideas section of this forum?

3. the136

Good Morning. It's certainly possible to manipulate what's needed to make Click2Call a possibility. There are many browser plugins available, I've been told that 3CX offer one for Chrome, and I know that there is a generic plugin on Firefox called MeloSIP Click2Call. All the plugin needs to do is identify the phone number and modify the text into a link using the SIP protocol: For example, sip:0123456789.

I have done this on my helpdesk: https://thetechie.co.uk/blog/custom-3cx-click-to-call re-writing some code I found on the blogs (which may or may not still work on Windows systems, but didn't work on my Mac so I had to modify it - and decided to make it prettier while I was there).

So Click to Call is possible if you are using the Mac Softphone - you just need to use the SIP protocol and not the TCXCALLTO protocol.

4. Patrick Hogan10

Hey Dragonsong3k,

Have you ever opt for a CTI solution? The one I use has a click to call feature, and supports both 3CX and Salesforce. Check out Tenfold, their website is www.tenfold.com. Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.