Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX SBC and QOS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chadrooski, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadrooski

Hi all,

Have just deployed my first 3CX system and all has gone well. Have a small issue with my QOS setup while using the 3cx SBC.

Have the PBX hosted, with a SBC in the office with 16 handsets. All are provisioned and taking back to server via SBC. I have enabled QoS on draytek router as per 3cx guide and specified port 5090. When i make a call via yealink t46s traffic is not classified by my VoIP QoS rule. But if i make a call from a soft phone inside the LAN this is classified by my VoIP QoS rule.

Both ports 5060 and 5090 are specified in QoS rule but only traffic from softphone is classified correctly by draytek QoS rule.

Can anyone help with this at all as to why traffic would not be classified correctly when using SBC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

So you should have to specify both a port and a protocol. Tunnel protocol is both TCP and UDP 5090. Most likely the softphone is doing SIP on 5060 which is matching where as the Yealink is sending traffic via the SBC on TCP/UDP 5090 which is not matching. So you would want QoS on both TCP/UDP 5090 to catch that traffic or easier yet just by IP from the SBC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chadrooski

Hi Thanks so much for reply.

This is the strange part both the softphone and yealink phone should be using port 5090. Softphone was setup to use the tunnel so this should be using port 5090.

On the draytek router i have a separate rule for 5060 but this never triggers as i assume all traffic would be using port 5090 due to the SBC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.