3CX SBC Capacity

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rks, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rks

rks

We are planning to host 3CX in the cloud and use the 3CX SBC in our office with 23 phones. Are there any known issues with this deployment? Are there capacity limitations?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. rks

rks

Thank you that was helpful. Do you know where I can find the hardware requirements for the SBC? How beefy does the sbc server need to be to support 23 phones? Should I be using windows server edition instead of a desktop version?

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

The specs needed for the SBC are the same specs as for a 3CX server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given that an SBC will run on a Raspberry Pi (the latest model being the best choice), with limitations of course, I would think that the windows version could operate on something a bit more "light weight" than what you would want to use as the 3CX server. It really depends on features that the remote sets are using, such as BLF's, that can cause a strain. It is not doing any call recording, or high, on-going CPU task. It simply "tells" a device where to connect, then steps out of the loop, for the most part. Every installation is going to be somewhat different. If I were you, and had time to do some testing before going live, and the budget was a consideration, I would deploy a machine currently on hand, if you have one. Nothing obviously underpowered, but I don't think It would be necessary to duplicate the hardware at the remote, and server locations with 23 sets.

https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/session-border-controller-comparison/

6. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

7. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

I asked that same question to 3cx recently in a support ticket, and their answer was to use the same spec sheet as 3cx server (as far as simultaneous calls go)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.