3CX SBC in the Cloud?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millennium2, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millennium2

Hi,

We are using 3CX 12 Cloud and successfully connecting remote phones using the SBC Controller on Raspberry Pi 1 & 2. In reviewing through the forums, I've read that some have put the SBC controller in the Cloud (as opposed to a Raspberry Pi box on premise running SBC). Is there any documentation on how this is accomplished, especially with multitenants?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I'm not following how that would help anything.
    But.. it wouldn't be the first time I missed something...

3. gbardissi

An sbc on the server side from the cloud would handle RTp tunneling and sip may traversal without a device on the remote side

4. netelligence

I guess I'm not sure why you'd want/need to do this. The reason I use SBC's is to get around some of the stupidity and limitations of the firewall that is on the remote network. So having the SBC in the cloud wouldn't help. On other clients where I control the firewall, I just have the phones connect directly (without SBC) to the server and haven't really had any issues.

However, I'm always willing to learn and see other's perspectives.

Thanks,
    Netelligence

5. gbardissi

Sbc in the cloud does all the mat traversal and Rtp tunneling so it accomplishes the firewall issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.