• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX SBC (Raspberry PI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyjduk

Reaction score
Hi,

The documentation for this could be a little better explained. Most people who choose 3CX are Windows based and not Linux so it took me around 15 minutes to get from point 7 to point 8 in the SBC installation guide. It seems you must be logged in as root and not pi or you get Permission Denied. (I had to go elsewhere to find out how to do this)

Anyway, can someone tell me if the Raspberry Pi SBC is a stand alone replacement for the old 3CX SIP Proxy Manager and will it work with a normal 3CX installation? (I think it should but cannot find this actually written down anywhere)

I'll be hosting the 3CX Cloud Server on my server anyway but I do have a few clients that could benefit from this small low powered device rather than it running on a PC.

Many thanks
Gary

That thought crossed my mind when I first came across the article.

I just picked up a Raspberry Pi for other uses (Firefox bookmark server), but since I don't make use of the Proxy manager or a SBC, I dismissed it, but, was happy to see that it had a use with 3CX.

As a Linux novice, it is unfortunate that many of the "instructions" for programmes that work with RP assume that you are already familiar with how Linux works.

@garyjduk

I ordered a Pi to place with the SBC. As far as I can tell (I haven't installed the Cloud Server yet) it will be a replacement for the SIP Proxy Manger, but not until at least SP4 for v12. I setup the SBC to talk to my v12 SP3 instance, and while I could see the phone for remote provisioning and make/receive calls, I couldn't actually provision via the SBC. Given that the instructions show another pulldown for the SBC option, I'm assuming this is a SP4 feature. So for now, it only works with Cloud Server.

Hmm, been playing about with the settings and it seems it will work as a stand alone SIP Proxy but not exactly like the SIP Proxy Manager. (And I've also got it to work with Version 11 as well)

The Raspberry Pi connects to the remote PBX via the 3CX Tunnel port 5090 but the internal listening port is 5060. So I've got my remote extension phone to register and work by just pointing the phone to the internal IP of the Raspberry Pi port 5060. (As if it was the PBX) So for example with a Snom just put the Registrar as InternalIP:5060 (no proxy etc) and it connects.

Still playing with it and I'll see how it performs. :D

I would recommend using MikroTik routers, establishing Layer 2 tunnels (over VPN layer 3).
It's much easier and safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.