• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented 3CX SBC Status in Admin GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Especially with the emphasis on hosted installations, I forsee many SBC's being deployed, either hardware (Pi) or software on Windows clients. Rather than depend on the "Lost registration" notification per extension, Is it possible to treat the SBC similar to a trunk as for as visibility and notifications go? i.e. a new line item under the System Status or maybe show up in the Bridge section. The big difficulty in my mind is if 3CX tracks the SBCs differently from a 3CXPhone tunnel.

As it sits right now the only method of monitoring is status notification by extension, and that has the potential to generate mass amounts of email traffic.

Thoughts?

Upvote 134
Hi

Yes good point and this is something we are working on....

Reactions: Karl_NFC
SBC Tunnel Status

Would it be possible to provide an indicator in the 3CX control panel to indicate whether or not an SBC tunnel is online or offline?
It is a huge pain to have to do this by remoting into the SBC itself and scouring logs.

Thanks!
Jason

Reactions: Nick Galea
System Status > SBC

Currently there is no way to tell that an SBC has correctly registered other going through the logs or check if extensions have registered or not:

* Under System Status: Add a node SBC Status
* Under that node show green/red status for all SBC connections
* under email notifications add an option to send a report when an sbc goes red

Re: System Status > SBC

http://www.3cx.com/forums/post174388.html#p174388

Re: System Status > SBC

Thank you. Seems that I've overlooked that post. It is a very important feature

Re: SBC Tunnel Status

Yeah, i also really miss that feature.
Maybe it should also show (in some cascaded way) which clients are connected via the SBC, so it would help finding wrong configured clients.

Reactions: craigreilly

Please and please. Speaking to 3cx support people, I'm hearing that its essential to deploy SBC at any remote site. Any way to beef up the related support tools would be very welcomed

http://www.3cx.com/forums/post174388.html

yes would be very much appreciated

We deploy SBC's almost 100% of the time. It would be nice to have the PBX be more "aware" of the SBC. It would also be nice if the SBC had an easier configuration interface. The SBC could be given the url of the PBX with authentication info and then the PBX can push the configuration to the SBC. Easy peasy, no? :)

The new Raspberry's are excellent SBC's, btw. Identifying them as a platform was brilliant.

Reactions: Nick Galea
Hi, I have seen some partners in a training some time ago and they all said the SBC is not very reliable. I myself check every morning if all my clients' SBC's are still alive. Sometimes the internet or the network might have a hickup and then the tunnel is gone.
Most of the time restarting the tunneling service helps, but somtimes the SBC itself needs to be rebooted.

It might be a nice feature to see the SBC as some kind of brdige or trunk device so restart it from remote, or/and that the SBC itself checks if the tunnel is ok and if not reboots the services on the SBC and if it not helps forces a reboot of the SBC.

This is all no easy probably, but if we would know it is looked into, that would be great.

I know some partners switched from the SBC to a more expensive VPN solution.

Hi Troosters,

The Raspberry Pi, in particular, can be an excellent SBC - but it has some quirks that need to be addressed in order for it to be reliable. If you have the patience, you can create a provisioning formula that will let you roll out dependable SBC's. We create a standard Pi image that we know works and then we use that to create SBC's for clients as we on-board them. One specific weakness that many people encounter is that the SBC service can start up too quickly. I think this issue contributes to the opinion that the SBC's are unreliable. The service needs to be restarted after the network is up and connected for tunnel to establish itself correctly. This can be done by creating a script and adding it to the startup procedures. The steps below accomplish this.

############### SSH into the PI ####################
# make yourself a superuser for the next steps
sudo su

# create a shell script to use to fix the problem
nano /home/pi/3cxsbcrestart.sh
## script begin
sleep 10
service 3cxsbc restart
## script end

# <ctrl>x, then  y, then <enter> to save the script

# set the permissions so it can be executed
chmod +x /home/pi/3cxsbcrestart.sh

# edit the list of startup scripts
nano /etc/rc.local

# add this somewhere towards the end
sudo /home/pi/3cxsbcrestart.sh &
# <ctrl>x, then  y, then <enter> to save the script

##############################################
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Best,

Kirk

it says : You are not authorised to read this forum.

For those that stumble on this in the future, I solved the issue by makng rc.local executable and adding this line
Code:
service 3cxsbc restart

Rc.local is the last thing that runs on boot and this restarts the service, and the tunnel connects fine the second time. I've esting this 20 times and it's been a reliable option for me.

Now that V15 SP2 is has been released without this feature, is this still on the roadmap?

hello, it says in progress, but it is since 2015!!
i think nothing happens anymore,please open this!!

Is this feature still planned in a V15 release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.