3cx Sends wrong caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DaKhalli, Jun 20, 2007.

1. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

I have 2 voip-providor accounts, only one extension needs to use the 2nd account.
    However when he makes a call the number of the main voip account is displayed. But he supposed to have a different number. How can i tell what number he should send along so i get the proper number in my mobile display when he calls me?

I set the outbound caller id field to the correct number but somehow it doesnt work.

Also i made a rule telling extension 740 is only allowed to dial through the specific voip providor, but it seems to ignore that.

Please help.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOur voip provider (VSP) must be able to support the number dialed.

If they do not surpport the CLID you our of luck it is not something 3CX controles.

If you have two lines it does not mean you have two numbers to the outside world.

Check with your VSP if you have two different numbers, if that is the case the CLID should show correctly but the CLID is controled by the VSP in the end.

3. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

well somehow the extension 740 always picks the wrong gateway.

i maede a outbound rule telling extension 740 should use gateway #2, (the gateway registers perfectly) but when he dials a number he always takes the wrong gateway. Thats why he send the wrong caller id.

Howto solve this?

4. TwigsUSAN

My first question would be are they different voip providers? If so, why not do a separate dialing rule that he has to dial 8 for an outside line and assign that particular VOIP provider to that dialing rule.

5. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Hi please note that outbound rules have priorities (high and low).

If you have a rule that is being catched before your second rule (example a rule for all extensions) youf call will go out on the first matched rule as described.

6. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

I had one rule that didn't have an extension specified (assuming that meansall extensions) so now i adjusted it to all extensions (except 740) and now i hope it works.

7. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

that did the trick, now it dials through the correctgateway.

Another problem arose there,

now i get number unknow when he dials me.

The other gateway send it number just fine (same providor)

same settings.

How can i tell 3cx to send the caller id?

8. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

This is highly dependent on the VoIP provider. Caller ID is rarley specified by the user (VoIP caller) and is usually fixed by the provider. They (VSPs) do occationally allow you to customise it manually in your account page or by contacting them by email.

The PhonesSystem supplies CID when initiating a call by default. I recomend you check your account's page or speak to your VoIP provider directly and ask what flexibility they support as of CID.

9. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

i will do that. however it used to work on their old system (through asterix) and its the same providor (voiceworks)

If i out in anything in the outbound caller id and it would NOT be supported by the providor, would that result in maybe this error? or is it just ignored then.