• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Server keeps going down in the morning + other times

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYas1

Reaction score
Many times during the morning after 4am, the system doesn't work- as in it doesn't take in incoming calls. I did a quick fix for this by telling the girls in charge of answering the phone to start the morning by doing a test call to the voip number and if it is not working then to restart the 3cx system. This always does the trick.

We also experience this problem after the internet goes down (I understand why it happens during the downtime but after we reset the router and fix up the internet, the 3cx system needs a restart to get to work again and continue accepting incoming calls).

Is there anyway we can prevent this from happening? We want to use 3cx on a large scale and maybe if everything is good then look into purchasing it for the business but we cannot seem to get over this hurdle.

Also in order to help fix up this problem, can you please let me know whether I should get the 'server event log' screenshot or the 'server activity log' or anything else?

Okay.. new problem - any ideas how to fix this? Need a quick fix before working on the old problem again

The router has been changed yesterday and ever since then the 3cx program has not been working. I have been getting the following errors:

Server Activity Log
serveractivitylog.jpg

Server Event Log
servereventlog.jpg

The restart at 4.00 a.m. happens because the Abyss is restarting daily at this time. I don't know whether you can disable it.
However, if you make a clean install and use Microsoft IIS, you will not get this issue.

The start-up after internet failure (or power failure also) is something related to your router, it's not restoring immediately the NAT mappings, etc., or keeps old in place, etc., especially if your public address is dynamic. That's why restarting the 3CX services fixes the problem.

I would advise to double-check your router / firewall setting and eventually reinstall the 3cx (also because of abyss).
If the issue is only with voip provider(s) after internet failure, you may also try reducing the time between registrations in provider's settings.

Regards

The Abyss restart is handled by a simple system task. You can go into the task scheduler and disable it to see if that is the cause of the problem.

HYas1 - I also have this problem (see http://www.3cx.com/forums/overnight-problem-21423.html )

I've had version 9 running on the system for over a year with no problems - backup & restore to version 10 and most mornings I've got to restart the services or reboot the server.

I'm doing some tests over this weekend - did you have version 9 on this before or is it a straight forward install?

just the power management on the hard drive and the nic card. windows updates have a habit of changing these every so often. it may not be your issue but it is a possiblity.

HYas1,

I've backed up, unistalled V10, run the uninstaller checker, reinstalled V10 and left it overnight. This morning it is still up and running fine.

Try the same and make sure you run the unistaller checker and see if that works for you.

eagle2 said:
The restart at 4.00 a.m. happens because the Abyss is restarting daily at this time. I don't know whether you can disable it.
However, if you make a clean install and use Microsoft IIS, you will not get this issue.

This sounds like a good idea, I guess I will give the Abyss another try and if not go to this option.

garyjduk said:
HYas1,

I've backed up, unistalled V10, run the uninstaller checker, reinstalled V10 and left it overnight. This morning it is still up and running fine.

Try the same and make sure you run the unistaller checker and see if that works for you.

Sorry, just want to clarify this. Did you reinstall with the Microsoft IIS or did you just simply back up your existing 3cx, uninstalled it off your computer and then reinstalled (the same version, i.e. 3CX Phone System v10.0.20401.1947 SP.2 ) with the Abyss server back onto your computer?

I think I have the same problem as you because I did not have this issue with Version 9 either, only something that happened when I upgraded up.

Thanks a lot for your help everyone, hopefully this problem can be sorted out. ;)

Just an update.

I have uninstalled and installed again using IIS.

Now the problem is that the server is not accepting any calls. I can however still make outgoing calls though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.