3CX service stop by itself

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dlazure, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlazure

Hi

I have a customer who have a 3cx phone system version 11

We recently upgraded from 10 to 11. Since the upgrade the 3CX phone system service sometimes stop by itself.

in the log i can see a message like this : Service got signal to stop: stop service

the log is at 4AM during the night. At 10Am the client called me to tell me no phone were working. I conencted remotely to the server and i went to service and they were all stoped. All i needed to do is start them and eveything was working.

this happened twice in 2 week.

Any idea?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Are you using Abyss or IIS? Abyss restarts every AM @ ~ 4AM, so this may be a clue. Look at the Windows event logs and see and then you might need to either change to IIS or submit a ticket to see what can be done.

3. dlazure

Yes it's Abyhss and yes the services stoped at 4AM but did not restarted

4. randyday

I am having the same issue. My Server Event Log shows an error of "Service got signal to stop: stop service", being generated by the 3CXPhoneSystem. At this point my 3CX system stops working until I restart the service. I am also using the Abyss Web Server, which restarts every night at 4am. I am running Version 11, Service pack 4, build 28976 on a Windows 7 Pro" host.

The service does not stop each night, but it is happening once or twice a week.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Do the servces stopping coincide with any other events such as automatic windows updates? I had the same problem with on client, and it was due to the updates and the server being resatarted complete.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bardissi

bardissi Member

Not a fan of Abyss.. IIS is much better in my opinion!

Cant you set the service to auto restart if it goes down in windows services ?

7. randyday

Still getting problems where the event logs shows and error of "Service got signal to stop: stop service."
    I've changed the service configuration to (services.msc) for the 3CX PhoneSystem service to restart on failure, but apparently these shutdowns are not seen as an error by the service monitoring subsystem, so the 3cx PhoneSystem service does not get restarted.

What is the procedure to switch from Abyss to IIS? Will backing up the system settings, uninstall, re-install with iis, and then a system setting restore work?

8. bardissi

bardissi Member

Correct backing up and then re-installing and re-importing the backup should give you the option to install IIS.

9. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

If/when you decide to go 12.. not that Windows (non-server) will not do IIS anymore.. just Abyss.

Not clear why that decision was made.. I had IP filters set and such.. would have to chew up a Windows Server license or move to a non-dedicated PBX Windows Server platform.

For the now, I just went Abyss and got a log analyzer going for anything weird on access attempts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.