3cx Session Boarder controler V15 phone settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deanril@yahoo.com, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanril@yahoo.com

Hi,

The new SBC for V15, I installed, but there is no phone settings data for SBC V15.

If you go by the old setting then you use outbound proxy to "sbclocalip:5080" but V15 SBC is not even listening to port 5080.

I have deduced that its most likely "sbclocalip:5060" and in testing seems to work.

Would like to know exact settings for SBC V15 windows for phone setup, as these pages are not for V15

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/conf ... extension/

Thank you!

2. deanril@yahoo.com

Update is is indeed 5060, looked at the config file.

#LocalSipPort=5060

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

4. deanril@yahoo.com

Thank for the reply. What I was looking at is the phone config, as seen here:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/conf ... extension/

Big issue here is I upgraded from 12.5-14-15. My cisco 525g2's you have to edit the core template for it to show the controls for remote and sbc. If you dont you have nothing in the provisioning tab.

Once you do, it will update the phones correctly to the ip of the sbc. And unlike in the old phone config in the link. You just do proxy to the SBC no longer is outbound proxy needed.

Hope this helps someone else.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I haven't gone down the road to update the template, I only had one 525G2 on my desk at home. Good to know it can be done without too much effort.

For that matter, I haven't customized any v15 templates just yet. May be time to look into.

I'm still at a loss as to why the Cisco units aren't supported for this.. could be related to my BLF issue at the office (multiple 504G units..).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.