Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Session Border Control

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phouillon, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phouillon

Hi all,

I appreciate any advice you may have since I clearly must be missing something and I'm losing my mind. I'm running V14 on a server with a public IP. We have 20 or so Polycom phones (internal) that work with the system fine.

I also have 4 cisco SPA 303 phones on a remote network. Before the recent upgrade to V14, I was using the SIP Proxy tool, installed on a server on the same network as the remote cisco phones. Everything worked fine. The SIP Proxy tool had an interface with some semi-useful logs so I could at least verify that traffic was being received from the phones and being passed to the 3CX server.

With V14 I have been forced to start using the SBC tool. The install on the server was easy enough (same server that was previously running the SIP proxy tool) and I followed the instructions very carefully. I entered a hard IP address for the 3cx server (since it is internet-accessible), 5060 for normal sip and 5090 for tunnel sip. Basically the same settings that the SIP Proxy tool was using. I triple checked the tunnel password. The 3CX server has matching configs for the tunnel.

Unless I am completely missing something, the SBC tool has no interface (I can verify it is running as a service, but that's it) and no way for me to determine why it is not working. Outside of re-installing the tool, which I have done many times, there is no way to view/change the port settings. The cisco phones are using new provisioning files based upon the SBC settings, but they cannot connect. It certainly feels as if the SBC service isnt doing anything. The SBC log file only has a single line of output:

ALERT | 20151207-203902.625 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 1720 | TunnelTcp.cpp:344 | Sending first packet from [ V4 0.0.0.0:51679 UNKNOWN_TRANSPORT target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=0 ] to [ V4 <IP-OF-MY-SERVER>:5090 TCP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=0 ]

If anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong or what is required to get the SBC tunnel to start working I would greatly appreciate it!

2. andreaschr

Hi ,

First try to disable any wifi card or bluetooth . Click Start and, in the search field, type View network connections.Press the ALT key, click Advanced Options and then click Advanced Settings.Select Local Area Connection (or your primary connection) and click the green arrows to give priority to the desired connection.After organizing the network connections available according to your preferences, click OK.

Let me know if this fix your issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.