3cx setup with Skype for Sip Beta ( Skype Connect )

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by henington, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henington

When I use Skype for Sip Beta as my VOIP provider it will not register. I've contacted SKYPE support and they said the following

In the 3cx configuration I only have sip.skype.com but according to Skype they see SIP:sip.skype.com. Where is that extra part coming from? The wizard is pretty dummy proof I thought, i dont think i hosed anything up ?

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

We have it as sip.skype.com in our setup and it works and is registered.

the port is 5060. The external number AND Authentication ID have to be the same and complete.

Maybe you also need to restart all services.

Can you post some server activity logs to show why it is failing registration?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. henington

Ok the external number was not the same as my Auth ID, i have fixed that but still have the problem.

Error in logs is
    10:08:50.038 [CM504005]: Registration failed for: 10002@SkypeConnect; Cause: 401 Unauthorized; from IP:63.209.144.201:5060

I do a wireshark capture and I see
    Request: REGISTER sip:sip.skype.com:5060

The guy from Skype said the sip: part needs to be removed ?? I have no idea if that can be done. In my settings it only says sip.skype.com

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I doubt that is the reason... the sip: is just telling the server the protocol to use.

401 is Unauthorized. This usually means either the name or the password is incorrect. You got as far as getting an unauthorized response from their server which means you were passing the information.

First, double check your account is active.
    Then retype in the credentials. I would look closer at the password in case there is a mis type.
    Also be careful of cutting and pasting as "spaces" can accidentally get added.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.