• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Setupconfig.xml additional parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT2

Trainee Partner
Reaction score
We use the config.xml file to setup PBX. Is there any documentation that list ALL possible parameters to set via config file? Specifically we are trying to configure SIP Trunk Outbound parameters like TO: User Part, TO: Host part, etc.

thank you.

Specifically we are trying to configure SIP Trunk Outbound parameters like TO: User Part, TO: Host part, etc.

Those parameters, and how they are set will/can vary by provider. When you select a provider from the list, then the best configuration will be set, as these have been tested.

Got it. The problem is that we are having to use generic SIP trunk with current provider. I have requested they request built-in support and have begun the process few months ago.

There are default settings, but that does not guarantee that all feature will work properly when dealing with a provider that is not "approved" As many have found, settings may have to be tweaked to get things working that way you want. Caller ID settings especially can be very finicky, depending on the provider.

yes, we have learned that the hard way. We have Caller ID finally working but took support tickets with 3CX and Provider. So now that I now what settings to use I wanted to add those to XML config is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.