Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3cx SIP ALG

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tomas Raska, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomas Raska

Hello,
    ww have Sonicwall Firewall with disabled SIP Transformations, but ALG check return "Failed"

upload_2017-12-17_13-40-55.png

Sonicwall Settings:
    upload_2017-12-17_13-41-43.png
    Where can the problem be?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Tomas,

Have you setup as per this guide?
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/sonicwall-firewall-configuration/

I am not familiar with Sonicwall as a brand but I do know of some where this setting is controlled by a CLI command, worth checking?

Do you have a secondary gateway on this network per chance? Also if your 3CX server is on Windows have you turned off the in-built firewall?

3. fonebox

Hi There
    I'm having the same issue. I have one server with OVH and another with AWS (Windows Server 2012). SIP ALG and 3CX SIP server failing. All the ports on the Firewall are open!!

Phil

4. shopy

Hello,
    I am dealing with a similar issue but I am on fiber connection. Everything else is green, SIP ALG is disabled in the firewall and the SIP/RTP ports are forwarded to the 3CX properly.
    It used to be green but I had to restore the 3CX yesterday from another installation, they are both on Debian, and now it would not pass.
    The firewall shows nothing blocked during the tests.

5. pact

pact New Member

We have been seeing periodic times where the 3CX SIP ALG tester has been failing, changing no settings and waiting 12 hours and re-running the Firewall test suddenly allows the feature to pass.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Ryan Stevens

I'm also having this issue.

7. RodSlinger

I was curious and just ran the firewall test on a unit that has always passed. No changes made. Failed.....

ALG_Fail.PNG

8. Mark@EvoIT

Having the same issue on all of my Google Cloud hosted 3CX PBX's. All fine before, noted the newly deployed one (via pbxexpress) showed failed on detecting SIP ALG when testing. Went to another one of my 3CX PB's hosted in Google Cloud and ran it only to find it failing too on that one (never has before).

I assume something on 3CX end?

9. pact

pact New Member

Must be, lucky we have that useful service dashboard showing us all the 3CX services and their current status!

;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi all,

Can you please try again now and let us know of the results? It seems there was an issue on our side but should now be resolved. Thank you for reporting.

11. fonebox

Hi YiannisH
    I can confirm the issue is now resolved.
    testing 3CX SIP Server... done
    • stopping service... done
    • detecting SIP ALG... not detected
    • testing port 5060... done
    • starting service... done

Phil

12. shopy

Hi Yiannis,
    It is resolved for me as well.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.