• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX SIP Clients for Windows Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauljm

Reaction score
Is there (or will there be) a client app for Windows Phones (Nokia Lumia)? Or does anyone know of another client app that will work with the 3CX phone system (V12)?

Linphone is working

I have discovered Linphone, it works fine with WiFi on my internal LAN, I am now working on trying to get it to register from external via 3G/4G when it can't register internally (like the 3CX Android/iOS clients).

To register internally you need to establish a VPN tunnel before that (PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN), depending on what type of tunnels are supported by your Windows Phone and the router in front of your 3CX PBX. This will add also security to your communication line.

3CX softphones built their own 3CX tunnel (GRE type like) to the 3CX server itself over port 5090. The traffic is not encrypted, but all NAT / firewall issues are eliminated.

If you have set correctly port forwarding on your router in front of the 3CX server, you should be able to register the Linphone to your public IP address. Check 3CX port forwarding guidelines. You also need to allow registration outside of LAN into extension settings. Keep in mind this will reduce security, so at least use strong passwords.

Separate VPN ---That is what I was thinking. That's another app on the Nokia!
3CX client on Android & iPhone worked a treat with it's own tunnelling, the changeover from internal WiFi to external via 3G was automatic.
The problem is when you try to sell the idea to technophobes, if they need to take some sort of action to make work other than just switching it on it confuses the life out of them & puts them off (company directors are the worst of them all).
Any Windows app writers out there looking to make some bucks?
Many thanks Eagle2 for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.