3CX SIP help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Labowski, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labowski

Hi there thank you for looking, I have just started using 3CX, is it possible to use an unsupported SIP Trunk provider in 3CX? I currently use a hostcomm SIP trunk and have been very happy with their service. I would like to continue using them for the time being. I have looked for a document but haven't found out how to do it.

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. us1

us1

For testing purposes, using a generic SIP trunk should be OK. However, once you go into production and DEPEND on the system, I cannot emphasize how important it is to have supported SIP trunks, supported handsets, supported templates, etc. Using the vendors vetted by 3cx will make obtaining support much faster and easier as well as likely reduce the number of problems you have in the first place.

Best of luck on your adventure!

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  4. Labowski

Hi there, thankyou for the help but there is no Generic option only a small list of SIP providers as follows:

Gamma
    BT Global Services
    IT Communications Ltd
    Spitfire
    T4
    TALKTALK
    Voicefkex
    Zen

I am using the 3cx online, hosted trial

5. Sopock

Sopock Member

Yes, that also can confuse users. Maybe you can select Generic country? I think that it would be better that Generic shows when any country is selected...There is also no need for Worldwide country - just add worldwide checkbox to include it on country specific list? Menu is also wide enough to show full country name? Or they should add 3 radio buttons to select Generic, Worldwide or country specific trunk?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 Sopock, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  6. Labowski

OK cool, thankyou I can see it now that I have chosen Generic Country!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.