3CX - SIP Registration for Inbound Calls [Issue]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DJHiP, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJHiP

Firstly, Great easy to use product, we are looking at implementing this with the full version, but just testing for now.

Basically I'm using a non-supported VoIP provider (Internodes - NodePhone, australian provider).

I have two phones registered to the 3CX server, which can call each other fine.
    Both phones can dial out no problem, dialing plans are all ok.

The issue is inbound. It seems the 3CX server is not registering to the Internode SIP servers properly, as when you call the external number, it hits Internodes voicemail system instantaneously.

What other options is there for defining what the registration does?

I have a DID setup, I have tried changing the Registraion settings from Do not require, to Incoming, to outgoing and both. This has made no difference.

I have tried disabling STUN and just manually entering the external static IP that the server is on. Still no difference.

The biggest thing here, is I am not seeing any enteries in the Server Activity Log to suggest the 3CX server is even getting contacted when the number is getting called.

The service works fine if I set my Sipura VoIP phone up to talk directly to the Internode SIP server.

I'm using the 3CX Phone System Management Console within windows to do all my config.

So I have 2 theories here,

1. The 3CX is not registering correctly, so Internode do not know where to forward the call
    2. The 3CX SIP registration method is just not compatible with Internode.

Now I have found a couple random posts on the wiki with some users claiming to be able to use Internode with 3CX, however they didnt say if they had inbound working or not.

So, anyhelp would be much appreciated.

I can provide more information if some is needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DJHiP

Well, I'm very lost now.

But it started working....

So don't worry.

But Internode with NodePhone works perfectly. :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.