3cx sip trunk issues with Draytek routers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by russellcrowe, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russellcrowe

Hi

i am having issues getting SIP trunks to work behind Draytek routers

i have been using voip-unlimted and Spitfire sip trunks
    3cx version 9 sp5

i had an old draytek 2800 router and this work ok

but have replaced with a draytek 2820 and can not get sip trunks to register or remote snom phones to work
    using port forwarding

do not think a 3cx congfig issue because if i swap router back then all works

tried several versions of firmware on the 2820 but makes no difference

i have also had this problem with a customer which is why i am testing with new draytek 2820

has anyone had these problems with draytek routers

thanks
    Russell

ps can any one recommed a good router that works with 3CX prefer a 2 WAN port router

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Russell,

A DrayTek router should work fine, because I am using different DrayTek’s on different locations. Such as the vigor 2200E+, 2800, 2800V, 2910, 2930n and 2930VS
    There is a 3CX server behind the vigor 2800 and 2930n, behind the other routers are only phones located.

The routers with build-in VoIP, I disabled the VoIP and changed the SIP port 5060 to another port number, because sometimes DrayTek will mess-up SIP traffic.

Q. After you have switched the router by a other one, did you restart the 3CX server?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. russellcrowe

yes did restart the 3cx server

when i do the firewall test on 3cx it passes with warnings saying some functionality migh not work
    but it passes ok on the draytek 2800

something on the 2820

i have tried a 2910 and had problems with voip-unlimited sip trunks

thanks
    Russell

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Please reset the router to factory default, then setup NAT >> Open Ports >> Index 1
    Fill the fields with TCP/UDP 5060, TCP/UDP 5090 and UDP 9000~9049
    Then rerun the firewall test. When it results with any warning then you have to solve this first before continuing.
    If the tests result without warnings then you may setup the complete router. Don’t forget to enable DoS Defense, this is prio 1.

Q. The vigors you using are without build-in VoIP?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Registering SIP Trunks
    I did see a problem whereby the 2820 DNS proxy was not working correctly. This stopped SIP registration with Voip Unlimited. The way around it is to set the DNS on the 3CX machine to that provided by the ISP, rather than pointing it to the router.

Incoming Calls
    There is an issue with Voip Unlimited for incoming calls via Draytek 2820 routers. The way around it is to use 3.3.3_232201 firmware. This is caused by a large IP SIP packet that is fragmented, but the router will not forward it. I understand that the new version will work if the checkbox under firewall -> general setup -> Accept large incoming fragmented UDP or ICMP packets is UNTICKED. This is the opposite to what you would expect.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.