3CX SIP Trunk to Mitel MCD

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rambrose511, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rambrose511

Hi All,

I have connected the 3CX to a Mitel MCD via SIP trunks and all is well except that I cannot manipulate the outgoing CLI from extensions on the 3CX (I can do this on the Mitel) I have tried various configuration options on both the 3CX and the Mitel but with no success.

The setup is this; 3CX linked to Mitel via SIP trunks (on the same LAN) the Mitel has ISDN30 for outgoing calls, 3CX is configured to route outgoing calls over the SIP trunks and break out over the ISDN.

This all works internal calls between the two systems is fine outgoing calls work fine but I cannot change the outgoing CLI for the 3CX extensions. Has anyone managed to get this to work?

3CX is version 12 Mitel is MCD6.0 SP3.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say what type of trunks you are using at the 3CX end? Bridge trunks? Generic SIP?
    You don't say what CID you get now, and what you'd like to see.
    Have you tried adding CID in the 3CX extension settings? I think it's called Number to be displayed , or something like that. This field is blank by default.

3. rambrose511

I have added the connection as a voip provider would VOIP gateway or bridge be better?

The CID I get at the moment is the default number on the ISDN circuit and I would like to send out a specific DDI number instead. Which can be done on the Mitel and is currently in operation for the Mitel extensions (Only a few send out the default number).

There is a field that is blank under the extension settings called SIP ID, I have tried putting the DDI number I would like presented in here but no joy there is also a field called outbound caller ID which has the internal extension number in (In this case 3001) and this is the number that the internal extensions on the Mitel see when called from extension on 3CX if I change this the internal phones on the Mitel will see the external DDI calling them but this is not passed through to an external call.

Regards

4. rambrose511

I have now managed to get this to work by adjusting the outbound parameters on the voip provider form.
    The only downside is that when the Mitel receieves a call from the 3CX the phone displays the outbound caller id as programmed in the extension settings. So I have also set the 3CX to send the extension name which is also displayed.

So the outcome is this;
    Call from 3CX extension to Mitel extension displays 3CX extension name and outgoing CLI.
    Call from 3CX extension to external number via Mitel displays outgoing CLI as programmed against extension on 3CX.

The two fields I changed are;
    From:User Part "OriginatorCallerID" Original Caller number will be sent
    From:Display Name "CallerName" caller's name (default: From->display name)

My question from my previous post still stands though is there a preferred way of connecting to a 3rd party PBX?

Regards

Richard

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Bridge Trunk option is/was intended for 3CX PBX to 3CX PBX connectivity, and should better handle extension caller ID as the routing kept internal (essentially). I'm assuming that the Bridge trunks were not originally intended/designed to connect to other makes of PBXs, but from posts on the forum, it would seem to work, for the most part. The advantage with this option is that you have the choice of 3CX registering to, or, acting as a VoIP server to (Master/Slave options), another PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.