Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX + Skype Connect Inbound Problem Solved

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by selagent, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selagent

OK, I was finally able to get the inbound number of a Skype Connect SIP account working and the issue was minor but nevertheless baffled me for a couple of days. I spent many hours, removing and then rebuilding the VoIP Provider profile while playing with Inbound Parameters, the Source ID and the DID field. After a wireshark capture, I finally saw the issue.

For the US at least, if you have a Skype Connect account with an inbound number, when you are setting up the account details information, you have to put a 1 in front of the telephone number in the External Number field. Otherwise you will end up getting a 407 error. So for example, in the US you get a Skype Connect inbound number of (987) 555-1212 , you would need to populate the External Number field as 19875551212 .

I have seen videos explaining to simply place the Authentication ID in the External Number field but this does not work if you have Skype Connect for outbound as well as a Skype Connect inbound number.

2. mtheory3cx

Hi, I saw your post and it's great that the post is so recent. I was having some issues setting up my Skype Connect for my 3CX V11. I did it once before but had to configure it again on a new server. I've got outbound working, using an android phone to call out. But I can get inbound to work. I get a busy dial tone. I took your advice and put my external number as 1213-xxx-xxxx but I still get a busy tone. I saw/read some where that I may have to prepend 44 somewhere? Do you have any advice? Thanks so much in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.