3CX Skype Gateway and Release 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ecasas, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecasas

Since I upgraded to R9 I noticed my Skype Gateway is having some problems. After a few hours Looks like the Skype clients running on the Gateway go offline. Even The trunk lines are green in the 3CX, the Gateway Monitor is not able to SHow the status. I have to restart the Skype Gateway and the everything goes back to normal.

Any idea?.

I have not seen any new version for the gateway in a while.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mobidutch

I have the same problem...and for the life of me I can't get the port back to Online status. It keeps showing "Offline - On Hook" no matter what I try.

3. ecasas

I have not seeing any response to this problem from 3CX. I'm up to date with all R9 updates and the problem persist.

The only thing I have noticed is that if I keep the Skype Gateway Monitor open at the server, the problem disappears.

It is really sad that no additional development has been done (as far as I know) with the Skype Gateway. I think it is a fantastic feature and very unique and adds a lot of value to 3CX IP PBX

Hope to hear from 3CX soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No changes were made to the skype gateway - everything remained as it is.

I can safely conclude that it could be a network issue. Version 9 treats the skype gateway as a normal PSTN gateway so we are pretty confident that this can be a one off problem that occurred or maybe the skype gateway lost connection with skype.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.