3CX + SmartNode: feature: Call forking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chanhpham, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanhpham

Dear Support,

Now, I am facing with a problem called “Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time” of 3CX.
    It means when you use the extension 1000 dials the extension 1001, the extension 1001 and the mobile phone will ringing at the same time.

The problem is when the mobile phone ringing (via SmartNode), the extension 1001 is immediately disconnected.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Best regards,
    Chanh Pham

2. ip19

hi, check the "early connect" and "early disconnect" on patton smartnode..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say which model Smartnode you are using.
    Ringing an extension and anything external, at the same time, relies on the remote device not showing as answered (to 3CX) until it actually is. Most PSTN gateways will send an answer message back to 3CX after the DTMF digits have been sent out regardless of whether the dialled number answers. You require a VoIP trunk or an ISDN gateway capable of providing answer supervision. Some PSTN gateways are capable of detecting a current reversal signalling the called party has answered, however many phone companies do not offer this service to all subscribers if any at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.