Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX SMTP Server Option

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 12494, Nov 6, 2017.

3CX SMTP Server Option 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

Tags:
  1. 12494

12494 Member

First let me say that I like that you are always coming up with new stuff for 3CX and I am glad you added a built-in 3CX SMTP server option.

My Suggestion:
    If you only manage a single pbx then this would be useful the way it is implemented.
    What I would like to see is an additional setting for this option where we could specify the Reply To email address.
    This way when we receive a management alert we can see which customer's system sent the alert if we create the Reply To email address to reflect the name of the host pbx.
    If there is some security objection to making this field available to administrators - then maybe you could use the FQDN of the pbx.
    Presently we use AWS SMTP services and are able to set whatever Reply To email address we like.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...