• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx sofphone not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3cx softphone v6. My issue is when extension from the analog phone from grandstream FXS called this specific extension which is using softphone. the softphone is not ringing but shows miss call. My status is available. What might be the cause of this?

Thanks,

STASH

stash said:
My issue is when extension from the analog phone from grandstream FXS called this specific extension which is using softphone. the softphone is not ringing but shows miss call.

Are you saying it is only calls from this one extension , or, all calls not ringing? If you are at the computer do you see the incoming call, can you answer it?

Did this problem just begin recently, or have you just installed the 3CX phone on this particular PC? Do you use the 3CX phone with other PC's that have, or have not, experienced the same issue? Have you checked the audio (speaker) settings on the PC? Do you have a headset plugged in that might be cutting off the speakers?

Have you reviewed the ringing (audio) settings in the 3CX phone?

Hi Leejor,

Yes this only happens on this extension. When Analog ext called this specific softphone ext. it will not ring and immediately transfer the call to the Ring group since the forwarding rules is set to forward call to ring group if extension not answered or busy.

the softphone has Speaker and headset same time. If this is hardware problem why is it only happening with one extension?

Yeah i checked the audio and its good because he can receive calls from other analog extension or other softphone user. This only happen in one specific analog user to softphone user.

Thanks,

STASH

stash said:
When Analog ext called this specific softphone ext. it will not ring and immediately transfer the call to the Ring group since the forwarding rules is set to forward call to ring group if extension not answered or busy.

The 3CX log (you may need to set to Verbatim level for all details), should show why (how 3CX "views" the status of the extension) 3CX is sending the call immediately to the ring group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.