Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Sofphone Simply Disappears Mid-CAll

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sns227, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sns227

I am using the free version of the 3CX Softphone (3CXphone6). I am getting reports from my employees that in several instances (on different work stations) that the program just disappears or vanishes from the screen mid-call. Does anyone have any idea what causes this? Is the free version designed for limited use? Any help/feedback is appreciated, thank you - SNS

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    First of all, please specify the OS you have, and 3CXPhone version (as shown in About).
    Then, please specify what dissapearing means:
    - phone goes to the background (another application became active)
    - phone goes outside of the screen
    - phone minimizes in the taskbar
    - phone hides in the taskbar
    - phone crash
    You said phone dissapear in the middle of the call; in this "invisible" state, call is still active or is lost?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sns227

The problem has happened on all 6 of our works stations. It happens about 2 times per day. We are using Windows Xp SP3 on all the machines. Below is the error messages taht we receive. Thank you! SNS

ppName: 3cxphone.exe
    AppVer: 6.0.18815.0
    AppStamp:4daea19d
    ModName: 3cxvoipphone.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.18815.0
    ModStamp:4daea193
    fDebug: 0
    Offset: 001824d6

Exception Information
    Code: Oxc0000005
    Flags: Ox00000000
    Record: Ox0000000000000000
    Address: Ox00000000101824d6
    Sys Info: Windows NT

Above is the detail to the error message:

Below is the actual error message that comes up on the screen

" 3cxvoip has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you were in the middle of something your information may be lost.
    Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help
    us improve 3cxvoip phones.

4. sns227

I have a screenshot that of the error message that I would like to email to one of the developers. Please leave me an email or send it to me at sns227@yahoo.com. Thank you!

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Just an idea - there is a new release - 6.0.19548.0 of 3CX softphone -- try to install it. It seems being more stable, at least the 3CX softphone didn't blocked anymore for me (similar issues).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.