Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX soft phone client issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ChameleonPaul, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChameleonPaul

Hi.

Downloaded and am trialling the free 3cx PBX

If I use the 3CX softphone client with the 3CX PBX I have the following issues:
    Calls do not hang up if call not answered - if party called has message service will eventually time out to message service and leave blank message.
    Get a ringing tone before connection made - then get 'dualling tones"
    DTMF tones not accepted, particularly # when calling 3rd party digital assistance OR even when setting up conference in PBX.

However, if I use the X-Lite soft phone client; default settings; above issues gone...

Would prefer to use one solution from one vendor...

Any clues?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

1 - if not answered, call is dropped after ~40 sec
    2 - check according to your preferences "suppress early media option" in the preferences dialog
    3 - different providers supports different kind of DTMF tone, check for proper type in Connection/Adbvanced settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChameleonPaul

A1 - Can this be changed? 30sec is typical in Australia then transfer to voice message... Doesn't help really. I need/want it to terminate when I end call - as it does with x-lite.
    A2 - Great - this is sorted. Only one tone heard.
    A3 - How would i find out what is supported? Obviously the X-Lite has correct DTMF tome - but can not Identify what that is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.