Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Soft Phone conflict with Kaspersky

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aslam, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aslam

We have problem with 3CX Soft Phone, not showing the Status, Contacts, History of calls etc...it is noticed there is conflict with Kaspersky Small Office Security 3, If I disabled Kaspersky and restart Soft Phone it works and I can enable Kaspersky back then. For any reason the soft phone restart , the issue will be back and I had to disable Kaspersky again to get it work.

What could be the reason for this?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The Presence information is exchange over an HTTP/S connection between the 3CXPhone app and the 3CX Server. Some AV software try to scan this connection and for some reason think it is harmful in some way and block it.

For the reason why each AV package may block something, you would have to check with the developers of that software package, but generally we recommend adding an exception on the AV to exclude all checks:
    - Between each PC running the 3CXPhone and the IP of the 3CX Server.
    - The contents of folder ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\*
    - C:\Users\<Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\3CXPhone for Windows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.