3cx soft phone for linux

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rameshchinnaa, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rameshchinnaa

hi,

I am able to give 3cx phone with tunnel password for remote windows users, But i can't able to give soft phone Linux remote users,

Remote office users also under Firewall NAT, I don't know what to do, windows users works perfectly from anywhere but doesn't supporting for Linux. I already testing with Twinkle, But no luck.

Please let me know the soft phone of for linux users, which supports like 3cx soft phone with tunnel settings.

Many thanks,
    ramesh

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While there are SIP VoIP soft-phones that function under Linux, they will not support the 3CX tunnel. As far as I'm aware, it is proprietary to 3CX, and you won't find any outside software/devices using it. you can run the 3CX proxy manager at one locations and then tunnel to the 3CX PBX. Devices at that location can be any SIP device, even on run on a Linux machine.

I have not heard whether or not a Linux version of the 3CX softphone is even planned. I wouldn't hold my breath, it is a Windows based PBX, after all.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

PBX is "widows based", but it has standard interface (SIP/RTP) and it does not matter what is the OS serving it.
    Client (phone) is another story. People prefer windows, iOS, Android, Linux etc. to run SIP clients.
    First three are already provided...
    Personally, I don't see any reason to publish Linux version of the 3CX Phone. It just because there are a lot of SIP clients which are available on Linux platform.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reiner030

yes... and most of these available Linux SIP clients can support the 3CX propritary tunnel protocol :D

BTW: Is there a linux served 3CX tunnel server also available?

Best Regards

Reiner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.