3CX Soft phone restarts at times automatically

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aslam, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aslam

3CX Soft phone restarts at times automatically and seems its trying to re register. What could be the reason and how I can avoid this.

Is there any settings to re register time interval or something?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello aslam,

I think we need a little more information to be able to help you. First of all what do you mean by "restarts at times automatically" ? Does the application completely closes and restarts on its own? can you describe the issue with more detail?

What windows are you running the client on?
    What version is your client?

3. aslam

By restart I means, the phone get unregistered for some time and re register back.

Please review the screenshot of error. At time we receives something says about Web API as well. But this will reconnect with in seconds or a minute

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ziy4cw.jpg

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This error usually means that the 3CXPhone app lost its presence connection back to the 3CX Server. If this happens while the PC running the 3CXPhone app is on the same network the 3CX Server is (local extension), I would suggest uninstalling any AV software on the PC and restarting it as a test, as they have been known to cause quite a few presence-related issues.

If it is a Remote Extension, it could also be the Firewall dropping the TCP connection the 3CXPhone app has with the 3CX Server after some time.

5. aslam

This is not only for a single system...almost all Windows app clients have this issue. We have vpn to branch offices, there also have same issue.

There is no issue noted in hard phones and there is no logs seen for re registration in event log. Seems some where the web API of softphone breaking. How to identify the root of this issue.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could it be that the VPN Tunnel drops momentarily? As opposed to deskphones, the Presence connection 3CXPhone apps have to the 3CX Server is constant so, even if it drops for a moment, the deskphones usually will not go unregistered but you would get this message.

To see what is going on, on one of the PCs running the 3CXPhone app, once this occurs I would go to %appdata%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\ and open the 3CXPhone log file to see the error, that might point in a certain direction.

7. aslam

If VPN tunnel down, I believe it could affect hard phone aswell. Not only, we have couple of other applications that works using VPN tunnel, if there is any issue with VPN tunnel it could affect those apps as well.

I will check the log and see if there is any input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.