3CX soft phone ver 3.x stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lmathers, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmathers

I'm pretty smart, but some times things baffle me. I've tried to work this one out and can't.

I must admit, 3CX is not my favourite organisation or application. I've never understood why they produce a softphone and Assistant (that aren't combined in the one app) and then fail to support them. I know, I know - it's because the product that they sell and support is the PBX, but still, why bother producing the softphone in the first place if you're going to be like that?

Anyway... for some reason, I've had the 3CX softphone (version 3.1) installed on a Windows 7 machine for about 6 months. No problems at all. Then suddenly, without any other changes to the computer, it decides to stop working.

This is from the Event Viewer. Appears to be a ntdll.dll fault. Searches on this forum haven't found anything useful.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Lee

Faulting application name: 3CXPhone.exe, version: 3.1.6592.0, time stamp: 0x4a701e23
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb3b
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x0002dd7e
    Faulting process id: 0x1b34
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cbfe68ff977b19
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\3CXPhone\3CXPhone.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 3dc90080-6a5c-11e0-8698-1c6f6523bf1e

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Re: 3CX soft phone stopped working

First off 3.1 is old (5.8 is latest version I believe), uninstall and download and install the latest version link below.
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone5.msi

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 3CX soft phone stopped working

welcome back, obviously I remeber your messages.
    3CXPhone 3.x and 4.x are discontinued products, technical support no longer available.
    Topic closed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.