Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Softphone and Chat

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tobiastromm, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Hi,

is possible to chat with others users with 3CX Softphone?

I know is possible with Myphone, but the Softphone do that?

If not, can be implemented in future?

Thank you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, what do you mean by "chat". Do you mean, something like an instant message service or Skype? It is a SIP based phone, so you can call others that are using a SIP device.

3. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Leejor,

I mean instant message. Bria for example support it.

Tobias.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about SIP SMS?

You could always suggest that in http://3cx.ideascale.com/ and see what happens

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Perhaps in the future - technically speaking, 3CXPhone supports MESSAGE, and even has a "hidden" feature allowing sending text messages, but this feature is not finished yet. Also, it receives MESSAGEs, but only ignore them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Leejor,

I´m not talking about SIP SMS. Even, where I work the softphone can do this and is interesting:

I work with receptive telemarketing (no 3cx system, the company works with Dígitro - http://www.portaldigitro.com.br/pt/), and when we will transfer some call and the extension is busy we just talk with the people by chat.

Where I work we use Microsoft Lync, but for home user and small business is interesting to have another way to talk in this case and not need to install another software to do just it (seems simple to do).

Attached Files:

• sms.JPG
      sms.JPG
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
  7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Pure chat - let's name it like this - is not in our plan to be implemented as a feature of 3CXPhone. After all, its purpose is to be a standard SIP phone, nothing more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

WOw

But 3CX My Phone support it, so, why 3CX Softphone can´t?

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I already answered you: 3CXPhone is intended to be only a standard SIP phone. 3CX MyPhone and its predecessor, 3CX Assistant, aren't, both are, let's say, call operators. That's why, long time ago, we separated some features to go to 3CXPhone and some to Assistant - according to their specific purposes.

Regards
    vali

10. itispip

Hi, I find this thread is interesting;On 2009, 3CX announced supporting INSTANT MESSAGE feature from version 8. ( http://www.3cx.com/blog/news/3cx-phone-system-gets-chatty-with-instant-messaging-feature/ ), But it's not clear the chat feature is through SIP or some proprietary protocol.

Now in 3CX MyPhone it does has a chat feature, again not clear what protocol. When using MyPhone sending text, in 3CX server log also cannot capture any records. Vali above also said 3CX server has a "hidden" feature allowing sending text messages, but it receives MESSAGEs only to ignore them.

Can I conclude from above that 3CX chat feature is not SIP protocol, and the chatting is interpretated by the MyPhone APP, though not go through 3CX Phone server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.