3CX Softphone can pick call?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dsanto, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsanto

Good evening to all.
    I have two simple question:
    With 3CX softphone can i pick a call. I try to compose *20*(number extension) but softphone give me message (destination not found) (don't work *62, *61 etc) :shock:
    The 2th question is "what difference between 3cx voip phone and 3cx voip client
    Thank's for reply.

Daniele

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Daniele

To check if it's a 3CX Voip Phone issue (or, generally, a phone issue) the best test is to try the same operation on a different phone - if the issue persist, that means there isn't phone's fault.
    Then, in the cases you mentioned, the dial codes (*xx) are set by the PBX's admin, if they are changed and the ones you knows no longer exist, then you will get, normally, 404 "Destination not found" error (try, for instance, *9543). Therefore, if you have access to PBX configuration, check it on Settings/Advanced/Dial Codes page.

The 3CX Voip Phone is a simple SIP softphone, where 3CX-dependent features (excepting tunnel) were striped. Its tunnel is no longer a service, being built-in into the phone core, also several bugs were fixed, several phone-generic features were added (for instance local recording, an extended call history) Plantronics headset support and so on. It becomes our official softphone, for 3CX Voip Client we don't have in plan further fixes or improvements.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dsanto

Thanks for reply.
    Q1.
    I have solved my issue with restart 3CX services.

Q2.
    The3CX SoftPhone don't show 3cx users state and i think this features is helpful...
    Other question: is possible to have a global phonebook and use it with 3cx SoftPhone?

Thanks again

Daniele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.