3CX Softphone: Change Ringtone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mdileo, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdileo

Hello 3CX

We just moved from a snom-telephone to the 3CX softphone. Now the only problem I have is the ringtone. it's too loud.

I tried to replace the ringtone.wav with another wave file (the same sound, I just made the volume less loud) but then it doesn't even make any sound when it rings.

An I cannot just put the main volume down because then the phone calls are too quiet

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The reason why it didn't play is because the WAV file was probably generated in the incorrect format. The wav file must be in Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono, 8000 Hz.

I attached the default ringtone with reduced volume if you would like to try it. Although I already seem to know where the file is located, it is under C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\Sounds .
    FYI, I used Audacity to reduce the volume and export it in the correct format and codec.

Attached Files:

3. mdileo

Hello NickD

I tried it with your file but the same problem happened again. It won't play any sound with this file. :(

I tried it also with Audacity :D

4. mdileo

Forget my last post, it works!

I feel a little dumb, after restarting the softphone I forgot to change to telephone-mode...

Is there a way to start the application always in this mode?

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you set the 3CXPhone to telephone-mode, then go to the menu and press the "Exit Client" option, the re-launch it, that will 'save' the config and should from that point load in the same mode you left it... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.