3CX Softphone Client on iOS doesn´t ring

Discussion in 'iOS' started by niko, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niko

Hi,

Can someone help me with my issue. I installed a 3CX App on a IphoneSE and lately i have huge problems with it. The problem is that the iPhone is not ringing when somebody calls on the 3CX App. I set up to get emails when a missed call happens and now in the mailbox are a lot of emails with messages about missed calls but the phone wasn´t ringing.
    The calls are mostly internal from an extension installed in the 3CX system. The phone is connected to the company´s Wifi which was installed only for the 3CX usage and its restricted for all other purposes. The same problem happens also when I am using the mobile data connection.

The second thing I am asking for help are the notifications on the iPhone. When I´m speaking on the 3CX App and when I get a notification the sound and the quality of the call goes lower. Is it possible to do adjust some setting that this never happens beside to turn of all the notifications on the iPhone.

Did someone had the same issues? What can be the reason why the phone doesn´t ring?

I hope someone can help me.

Best regards,

Niko

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Niko

Which version is your 3CX client (as in More/Settings/About)?

About ringing, to check first if it's a "normal" sound problem:
    - launch 3CX and keep it in the foreground (device unlocked, obviously) then call it from another extension; does it ring? It displays properly the caller's name and number?

About incoming notifications:
    - there is no way to control this; from iOS point of view, an incoming notification is always, let's say like this, more important than the app currently running, so it is shown above the app; similar with sound - if app is using the speaker, iOS lower app's volume, plays "over" notification's sound, then restore back app's volume. You can easily try playing a song using Music, then send a Facebook, Gmail, whatever notification to your device and you will see the same behavior.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. niko

Hi Vali,

The client installed on the iPhoneSE is 3cx Client for Phone System ver. 15.2.6.194 and the 3CX system is ver. 15.5.

I reinstalled the App and made the reprovision and now it si much better. The phone is now ringing when its unlocked and locked but I still have the problem like before but this time it is just 2 or 3 calls and not every call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.