Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx softphone does not connect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reisve, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reisve

Hi

This is my setup:

3CX Phone System Rel. 11, Service pack 4.
    the 3CX softphone.
    Voice operator Panel.

So far everithing works great, but I'm trying a test wich does not work:

I have Dynamic DNS running from No-IP so I can access the computer using the external Ip my ISP assigned to me

I'm trying to connect the 3CX softphone to the phone system using the external IP, but all I get is a no cennected message. I can see the UDP port 5060 is open and I can ping the public IP (the same I gave to the softphone).

Any Help please?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, in the server settings of the softphone...have you put the actual, public IP of the router that 3CX is behind, or are you using the No-IP Dynamic DNS URL?

You can use NO-IP setting, but it must also be put into the 3CX PBC as the Domain Name, or the call will be rejected for security reasons. this will usually show in the logs. Using the actual IP should not be causing problems unless the router is not allowing port 5060 (and/or perhaps some others), through. Did you run the 3CX firewall checker with success?

3. reisve

Thank You for your replay

I'm not sure if understand what you mean. On the Settings, Network, on the public IP I entered the No-IP host nome for my PC. Is that that you mean?

Virginio Reis

4. reisve

Sorry, I didn't even new about Firewall Checker. I've run the test and it failed on all ports. I'm talking with the ISP to see if we can resolve the issue.

Thanks for the help

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the remote extension is using that host name as the 3CX server address, then...

You need to go into the PBX...Settings / Advanced / Settings for Direct SIP Calls/ Local SIP Domain , and put your No-IP "name" in there.

Check the "tick box" as well if it still won't work or you have any incoming calls making use of the No-IP name.

6. reisve

Now I got server unreachable, But that should be because the results of the Firewall testing. Don't think until the ISP resolve the ports issue, will not have this working.

Thank You anyway

Virginio Reis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.