Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Softphone freezes when 2 answer a call at the same time.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jtnagle, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtnagle

With several people in my office answering phones, I run into this problem way too much. When I click to answer the phone at the same time as a co-worker does, the software will lock up. The call isn't dropped, because the co-worker receives the call. Everytime it locks up, I am not able to re-open the program until I reboot my computer. This is extrememly annoying! Here are some sytem details. Please help.

Windows XP SP3
    Plantronic Voyager 520 Headset
    My co-workers are using Polycom Soundpoint IP 550 Phones.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 3CX Softphone freezes when 2 answer a call at the same t

Hi

Thanks for spotting it - confirmed issue.

However, about "I am not able to re-open the program until I reboot my computer": if you try to start a new 3CXphone and nothing happen, don't reboot the computer, first check in the Task Manager to see if previous - the "crashed" one - is not still "alive"; if yes, kill it and then try to start a new 3CXPhone.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jtnagle

Thanks for the reply.

I have run task manager and the crashed session is gone, but still will not reopen.

jtnagle

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, this is weird :roll:
    First of all, please tell me the 3CXPhone's version, the one shown in its About menu. Also, please tell me if you launch 3CXphone standalone or from 3CX Assistant interface.

Now: 3CXPhone crashes; you check the task manager and eventually kill the crashed instance; no more 3CXphone's in task manager; you start the 3CXPhone and this one don't reopen. Here:
    - if you check again the task manager, is there a 3CXphone instance - the one you attempted to start?
    Assuming is there:
    - it appears also in the task manager's Application tab?
    - if yes, by right-clicking it and choosing Maximize, it appears?
    - it is its control icon in the task bar, next to the clock?
    - if icon is there, right clicking it open its menu?

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile I got the same and similar problems - also an outgoing from softphone call being from other party (redirection to voice-mail should had occurred) and in the same moment the softphone being hung-up.

Just an idea - there is a new release - 6.0.19548.0 of 3CX softphone -- try to install it. It seems being more stable, at least the 3CX softphone didn't blocked anymore for me.

Regards

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

If you want, please try this in-development version and tell me if the crash still happen
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone6_19920.msi

Thanks for help
    vali

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Vali,

this release (19920) seems better and stable (I'm running XP SP3).

Kind regards,
    Orlin.

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Orlin

Orlin, but the issue you described still happen or not? This is the most important thing.
    My test was following:
    - intranet configuration, no tunnel; a Grandstream calls a 3CXPhone; almost immediately after clicking the Answer button in 3CXPhone's incoming calls list, Grandstream's user drop the call. Result - 3CXPhone crashing. This issue is fixed by ver 19920.

Regards
    vali

9. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi Vali,

I tried several times to "block" it and I didn't succeeded -- generally the problem was when two events were happening at the same time -- like making a call to another extension (other 3CX phone) and in the moment the voicemail answered instead, a second incoming arrived. Another case was I managed to block before when trying to change active account (clicking on the name of the account in 'display' area), a call to the still active account arrived; I can't achieve this also.

The only strange thing I observe on Win XP only, is when updating or changing an account in the phone and you submit the changes, the phone 'freezes' for 5 to 10 seconds – I think it is trying to access some internet site (probably 3CX) for some reason. This is not happening in other OS (Win 7, 2003, 2008) or at least is not taking so much time.

Kind regards,
    Orlin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.