• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Softphone outside volume EXTREMELY LOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdiazdefalco

Reaction score
Hi! everyone!

I am having a problem that I think might be easy to solve.
I have a phone system with several analog and IP phones with no issues at all.
But my 3cx softphone extension outside volume is too low, when I go into a call, external or internal, I always get complaints from the other party. I left a voicemail to myself the other day and it was that low I couldn't even understand myself. I created another extension in another PC and I still have the same problem.

I also changed the microphone but still no luck going near a solution.

Do you think you can help me with this?

Look at the mixer portion where you can adjust the gain in the line or mic in. You can also adjust the 3CX setting in the mixer, but I think this is more likely the playback on the softphone as it is tied to the speakers.

I tried to check the mixer volume and though it wasn't on Max it ramained a little lower than expected but it was quite an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions

I have this same issue. Please can you explain where the "mixer portion" you are referring to is located? Our 3cx system is running on a server which doesn't have a sound card installed.

The original poster indicated the issue was with their softphone. As a result, the setting was assumed to be set too low on the client (not server) sound side for the microphone. This can be adjusted by using the mixer or, in some cases, by going to" sounds" in the control panel. Some systems may also use a chipset such as Realtek in which case they may have their own control panel icon and group of settings. There are no settings that allow for the adjustment within 3CX on an extension basis.

You did not indicate if your issue is a softphone issue or simply an overall too low issue. If an overall too low issue, then you may have a different problem and especially so if you are using an analog gateway connected to POTS lines. It may also have something to do with the headset you are using with the softphone.

Give me some more details and we can go from there.

It is not a softphone issue but an overall issue whether using analog phone, SIP phone, or softphone. The 3CX server is connected to our Patton Smartnode 4112 PBX gateway and Cisco SPA525G IP Phone extensions, plus other extensions on iPhone and IPAD. All extentions have the same problem. Also extensions diverted by PSTN to our remote office have the same low sound where the other party can hardly hear us.

3cpo47 said:
It is not a softphone issue but an overall issue whether using analog phone, SIP phone, or softphone. The 3CX server is connected to our Patton Smartnode 4112 PBX gateway and Cisco SPA525G IP Phone extensions, plus other extensions on iPhone and IPAD. All extentions have the same problem. Also extensions diverted by PSTN to our remote office have the same low sound where the other party can hardly hear us.

As Larry said, yours is a totally different issue to the original post.

Your problem is the gain setting in the Patton. Go in and tweak the gain settings (I recommend you call from your cellphone to your 3cx) until it is at a more acceptable level. Once you have them set you shouldnt need to touch them again (ie it is not a "per call") setting.

Thanks, it seems to have fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.