3CX softphone rebooting Netgear switches

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jrh_dowco, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrh_dowco

I have an issue where a user will answer an extension call using the 3CX software and it will crash the Netgear GTP752 switch. The call is then stuck connected in the presence window so I believe based off of that the call thinks it completed. I am steering to a codec negotiation at the switch but not sure what codec the softphone uses. I have updated the firmware and bootcode for the switches but problem still exists. I have looked at the log but haven't been able to determine anything from it at this point so looking for some peer discussion about it.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Obvious question.. does it crash any other switch?
    Or.. if there is a different switch between that system and the 3CX.. does it still crash the Netgear?

Want to say the typical set of codecs.. at least in my own 12 app, are PCMU, PCMA, and GSM.

I tried Googling that model.. no dice. Switches typically wouldn't care about codecs.. usually not even IP addresses.. most of what they do is Layer 2, maybe with some DHCP/IP Helper/DNS/management interfaces.

3. jrh_dowco

Hi Ian,
    Thanks for the reply! Turns out the issue was the AutoVOIP configuration settings on the switch. After working with an engineer from Netgear we try disabling that and all was well again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.