3CX Softphone registers once then fails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tparker, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tparker

I have a single extension that continues to have its registration blocked after the initial registration

This is on V15.5

The extension was working fine up until today.

Secondly, I have multiple extensions that keep registering the same phones as new contacts. So when you switch to CTI it has a drop down of hundreds of phones, but they are all the same phone with the same MAC address.

The phones show up in the 'Phones' Panel multiple times, but refreshing services tends to alleviate this, but only temporarily, as the 'ghost phones' continue to add themselves.

These are Yealink-T46s's on the most recent firmware 66.82.0.30, which shows as unsupported and could be the problem i guess but wanted to verify before downgrading to 66.82.0.20 (the last firmware I know was supported).

Thanks!

EDIT:

Another thing to add, whenever one of these 'ghost phones' registers, it forces the user of that extension to reselect the phone they wish to use.

Also on this problem extension, switching to CTI over the softphone lets the account work fine.

#1 tparker, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi tparker,

Can you please give more information as the network setup here, Is this an on-premise solution or hosted ? Are there segregated networks involved (VLAN's) or multiple NIC cards on your 3CX server :https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system/

Is your local network in the RFC supported range: 10.0.0.0/8,169.254.0.0/16,172.16.0.0/12,192.168.0.0/16

On the server itself is there anything that may hinder the connection - such as Windows firewall or Anti-virus ? Is the system virtulized ?

In regards to the soft-phone issue is the client up to date ? check Settings >> Advanced Settings >> About. CTI mode issues are commonly VLAN related (voice and data split).

If this was working fine up until today was there anything that you can think of that has changed that might cause this ? have you tried a reset of the phone re-add and re-provision (if of course provisioning is working OK now).

#2 eddv123, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. tparker

Thanks for the response!

Cloud Hosted virtualized server. We have many. First time with this issue.

No segmentation on the local net.

Local net resides in the 192.168.0.0 range

The phones seem to provision correctly. The multiple phone thing is really odd. I have two phones on the 66.82.0.20 firmware that do NOT do this. Only phones on the most recent Yealink firmware (66.82.0.30). I am rolling back a problem phone now to see if this corrects.

The Softphone in question is on a network with 4 other softphones, and they all register correctly.

So its confusing that this single extension seems to have a problem registering, and there were no changes to present this.

4. tparker

Can confirm now that the firmware does not help. It is a present issue only in the particular local net. I am looking into the firewall to see if it is something there (the only thing different from this location and others).

5. eddv123

If it is in the same location as other soft-clients that are working correctly then try looking at the local machine, for example: .NET Framework, Anti-virus, firewall any 3rd party software.

Also since it is a cloud hosted system it might be also worth checking (as a test) the soft-client: Under the account settings try changing the setting "Use 3CX Tunnel when out of the office" and connecting directly. I experienced a similar issue once with a Client on a remote site which also had remote IP Phones registering across a 3CX SBC (both using port 5090).

6. tparker

eddv123,

Thanks so much for your help! Still having the multiple phones showing registered, but changing the Tunnel setting fixed the extension registration issue on the soft-client.

Thanks!

7. eddv123

Great to hear that solved the issue. With the multiple registered phones that really only effects selecting the model when using CTI correct ?

If you go into this extension under "provisioning" how may have you attached to this extension ?

8. tparker

There is One hard phone and the Softphone.

9. eddv123

That should be fine then. So if you drop-down the box on the soft-client (which displays all of the phones attached to that extension) you are saying that you see more ?

If this is the case what phones are you seeing and are they already present on the system ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.