3CX Softphone Rendering Issue

Discussion in 'Windows' started by a1data, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a1data

Running into an issue with the 3CX softphone on a regular basis, sometimes it will only render the upper left-hand corner (it is always the same part). This happens at least once a day. The only solution is to shut down the phone entirely and restart it. Screenshot attached. This is occuring on a Win7 64 bit OS I have tried using version 5 and 6 softphone and both have the same rendering issue.

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would say that it is an issue with your PC. What else is running at the same time? You might want to try shutting down, or preventing unnecessary programmes from booting, then see what happens.

Far too many people have unneeded programmes starting up when they turn on their computers. When many install, they just start up as a matter of course.

If you open RUN, then type msconfig, there should be a startup tab. New items are usually added to the bottom of the list. If you are not sure what something is, look it up in Google. If after a restart, you have an issue, just go back an "tick" that item again. Keep track of what you untick!

It is possible that there is an issue with your graphics card/memory allocation.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Have you attempted to uninstall 3cx soft phone and reinstall?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. danmac

Hi a1data

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have just started using 3CX phone on a Windows 64bit machine and am experiencing the same issue as you.

I am on ver 6.0.20943.0 - maybe this is not compatible with Windows 64 bit?

Thanks
    Dan

5. desramsay

I am having the same issue, also with Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Last week it was occasional, usually only the first time the application was loaded, on second load, it would render in full. This week, it is a solid error, will only render top left quarter as in the picture above.

I have tried all the Windows compatibility modes individually, and also tried switching off desktop backgrounds, without solving the issue. I have also tried switching from the high performance Graphics Processing Unit (Radeon) to the standard GPU (Intel), still having the problem.

Consequently, the application is unusable at the moment.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the software has an issue with a particular video chip set?

7. ClausP

I experience the same problem and created a new thread about it before I noticed this one:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/graphic-error-with-3cx-phone-32723.html

Did you manage to find the solution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.