Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX softphone template

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Antoine A. Telerys, May 23, 2017.

1. Antoine A. Telerys

Hello!

While entering hundreds of extensions at once, I figures it would be interesting to be able to change the default configuration of a softphone via a template, thus gaining some time while preparing a new pbx.

Cheers.

2. Dave-TTG

Hi Antoine

Which options are you wanting to set? If you mean options that are set in the 3CX management console these can be done by bulk creating extensions using the import/export CSV function in the extensions section. If you export one of your existing extensions you'll see in the CSV that each option relates to a column in Excel. Most are configured using 0=no/off or 1=yes/on

This is my preferred way of creating multiple extensions, as you can just use excel to auto-fill down the column to copy the settings to the other new extensions. You can also use excel RAND values to generate unique random passwords. Once you've got your csv file ready just upload it and all your extensions are ready to go.

Thanks

Dave

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Antoine A. Telerys

Hi Dave,

I was referring to the "default url for provisioning" selector and the codecs priority.

4. Dave-TTG

Hi Antoine

It doesn't look like you can set those using the CSV. There is an "InterfaceIP_0" field but that only sets the default interface for IP phones.

You can just ctrl+click and edit multiple to set the softphone interface if that helps. The next service pack will have a "Select All" button which should prove useful

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...