3cx Softphone to allow callback to Mobile Number

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by craigreilly, Nov 19, 2015.

3cx Softphone to allow callback to Mobile Number 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This was in the forums in 2008 and recently resurfaced.
    The ability to place an international call thru 3cx, but while on our mobile phone, and not use the Data Plan.
    So, within the softphone, dial a number and say "Call me back on my mobile to make this call".
    3cx receives the instruction.
    Cell Phone rings, Outgoing call is placed via 3cx to the international location. Data plan is only used to send the instruction to 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 3cxsbx

* This would be very much appreciated.
    * specifically needed in areas where there is no good data coverage.
    * The instance conference features sort of solves that problem, but it always calls the organizers internal numer also and that is not a good usability option if the organizer himself has no appropriate data connection

3. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

This is an awesome idea! I LOVE it!!

It gets around the fragility of pushing 3CX Phone RTP over cell data connections which, even when 4G LTE with all bars signal, can be wonky. Implementing this idea completely avoids the hesitancy of making a data call and instead relies on the cell phone calls which are proven to be rock solid and don't require data!! Plus, everyone gets unlimited phone calls these days! BRILLIANT!

I will be much more at ease advocating everyone use the 3CX Smartphone Phone app when outside the office when this call back feature in implemented.

And, additional bonus to 3CX: more SC licenses $old to pull this off!

Great idea!

Everyone, please upvote this one!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I could see this being an addition option within the voicemail menu. The PBX would a simply use the mobile number already set against the extension. You receive the callback, enter your PIN and #, get dialtone and place your call. The only issue I could see is poor DTMF tone quality, or short duration tones, causing incorrect numbers to be detected by the PBX. You might require something like * to drop the current call, and return dialtone, if you had to start over.

5. ricardcarreras

Hello, is it possible with VAD or third party application?

Best regards,

Ricard

6. Lev

Lev New Member

This is basically a feature that is missing on the way to a complete "one number concept".
    The only softphone i remember to do this pretty well (even with just edge connection on my mobile > and that is the important part) was the one from "n-fon" (german sip/pbx provider)

7. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

+1

I still think this is a fantastic idea for reasons stated earlier.

I want to ask everyone to Upvote to keep this idea at top of mind for v15, please.