Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX softphone to softphone video failure

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dgpete, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgpete

Hi all,
    Two of us are headed to Europe and the UK in two weeks and desperately need to have video conferencing between our laptops. Have 3CX 5.0.14439.0 on both. Both machines running Windows 7 Professional. We have 9 DIDs; 6 US and 3 UK and have both the machines and Android phones set up with 3CX.
    Voice on all devices works great! With voice I can set up computers or phones with any DID and the connection to landlines, cells or each others softphone is fine. No problems at all with the voice aspect whether both are on the same LAN or not. My solo trip to the UK a month ago with 3CX on the laptop and android allowed for instant, cheap calls the US perfectly.
    The problem is the Video.
    There is NOTHING I can do to get the video working. Audio and Video Codecs are the same as is vid format. Both machines see their own video fine but nothing from the other machine. Audio is fine throughout. So far we haven't even bothered to try it with one machine outside the LAS since we can't get it to work even with the machines a foot apart! ;-)

ANY ideas as to ANYTHING we can try? I really need to get this working..

Thanks MUCH for any help you can offer!

Doug

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the codecs and everything else is set correctly, the last thing you can check is whether Re-Invites / Replaces are checked in the extension's settings.
    Make sure PBX Delivers Audio is off, or else Video calls will not work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dgpete

Thanks but where do I find those parameters?? I don't find those settings anywhere in the Softphone.
    Remember I am not using PBX here. Just softphone to softphone over other peoples networks while traveling.
    Thanks
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.