3cx softphone vm indicator

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bblokey, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bblokey

if a message is left on the free version of 3cx server and client, no indicator that a message shows up on the softphone. Does anyone know how to fix this so if a message is left on an extension that the vm indicator pops up on the softphone.

2. SWB

SWB New Member

Hmm I don't know if a VM indicator is displayed in the enterprise edition either. I'm running enterprise and I've never seen a VM indicator. It would be nice though.

Side question regarding accessing VM through the soft phone. I'm able to access my VM through my soft phone on the workstation located in the same office/network as the 3CX server. However when I use the soft phone on my workstation at home (i.e. outside the network), I'm able to dial into the VM, and hear the prompt asking me to enter my extension number. But after I enter my extension nothing happens. I'm never asked to enter my PIN. Am I missing something? How do you normally access your VM through the soft phone on a workstation outside the network?

3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

bblokey: You're right, I also never seen the voice mail indicator when I get new voice mail, but it's supposed to work according to the manuals. I tought it was because I'm still using the free version, but SWB reported that he doesn't see it either with the enterprise version, so I don't know what's the problem.

SWB: That's weird, even when I try to access to my voice mail outside of the network 3CX is, I get prompted to enter my PIN after I enter my extension. But I don't quite understand your problem... Does it stops completely after you enter your extension # or it goes to the menu after you enter your extension # even if you didn't specify your PIN?

4. SWB

SWB New Member

Using the soft phone I dial my VM number, and am prompted to enter my extension. I enter my extension then nothing happens. Just silence. Normally after you enter your extension you are then prompted to enter your PIN #. Like I said I can access VM fine using the soft phone on my office computer inside the network, but not on my computer at home outside the network. Get prompted to enter extension, but nothing happens afterward.

Also I do get the VM indicator on the soft phone. It's a little envelope icon next to the desktop/handset icon. I think I've just never noticed it before as I don't use the client that often.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

Few questions (further questions will be published after answer):
    1. What phone are you using at home?
    2. Do you use VoIP lines with PBX? Do you have any problems to receive/place call using these lines (from the office)?
    3. Which type of line does deliver call to PBX (VoIP or PSTN)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SWB

SWB New Member

Answers above. This isn't a huge deal as I don't use my phone from home. I was more interested in configuring/connecting a phone and client to the office network and 3CX system outside the office. I stumbled upon this when playing with the client.

Thanks for your input!

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Next question:
    What kind of DTMF delivery is configured?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. SWB

SWB New Member

Looking at my logs I found RFC2833.

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is not necessary to search for this information in the "log".
    You need to check only VoIP client configuration.

10. SWB

SWB New Member

Oh ok. Well I didn't change any of the default DTMF settings in the client, and I see Support RFC 2833 DTMF (Payload number for RFC 2833 DTMF = 101), Support INBAND DTMF, and Support SIPINFO DTMF are each checked.

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Leave only "2833" and try.
    Leave only "INBAND" and try.
    SIP INFO is not supported by IVR in version 5.1 (it is known "issue")

Sorry for inconvenience, but situation is like a "ghost in the machine" :)

Thanks for your answers

12. SWB

SWB New Member

Tried your suggestions SY with no luck. Don't know what else I can try, and thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.