• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Softphone with Bluetooth Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7AS

Reaction score
I installed the 3CX Softphone to use with Google Voice + sipgate. It works fine with a wired headset. I would like to use one of my Bluetooth headsets I was using on my cell phone. I can't get it to work, no audio both ways. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. The headset shows up on my device screen. Any ideas?

Are you starting the 3CX soft phone after you have connected the Bluetooth headset, and then selecting the headset in the phones audio options?

Yes, thats correct. I have gotten to believe that bluetooth headsets don't work with Windows 7. I have tried BlueSoleil and the Broadcomm driver. Now my bluetooth headset dissapeared from the devices screen. I went to try to ad it and windows couldn't find it. It did show my brother laser printer which I have had installed all along.

I may have to just use a USB phone as I can't stand wearing a wired headset. I was looking at USB phones on eBay and most of them mention Skype. Would any of these work with a softphone or maybee 2 softphones open together on 2 diffeent sipgate accounts?

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate on a Netbook and my Motorola Bluetooth headset works just fine with the 3CX phone. You don't happen to have a mobile phone on , near by, that the headset is also registered with, do you?

Most of the Skype handsets are probably the equivalent of a USB headset, another USB audio device, and should work.If you buy one, keep the receipt just in case. If there are any buttons on the handset then they may only be functional with the Skype software.

leejor said:
I'm running Windows 7 ultimate on a Netbook and my Motorola Bluetooth headset works just fine with the 3CX phone. You don't happen to have a mobile phone on , near by, that the headset is also registered with, do you?

Most of the Skype handsets are probably the equivalent of a USB headset, another USB audio device, and should work.If you buy one, keep the receipt just in case. If there are any buttons on the handset then they may only be functional with the Skype software.

My cell phone is registered with a different headset. I can't add the headset. It still comes up showing my Lase printer. It is connected by ethernet, besides the printer is also wifi and not bluetooth. I have been going nuts trying to get this thing working. Can you give me a step by step to get this going with Windows 7? I wonder if having BlueSoleil and then the Broadcomm drivers installed, it screwed something up. I have since uninstalled both of those and still can't add the headset.

I have seen issues with some USB Bluetooth dongles. If yours is USB, I would uninstall all of the software that came with it, to start with. If it is searching and not finding the headset (and you have the headset in visible mode) then I would suspect some sort of software conflict. If you put your mobile in visible mode does the computer see it?

N7AS said:
I wonder if having BlueSoleil and then the Broadcomm drivers installed, it screwed something up.

One may be the program and one the drivers. Look on the manufacturers web site to see if there are any updated drivers/software. Is your USB Bluetooth device compatible with Windows 7?

In the bottom corner of your screen, depending on how you have all of your task bar icons configured (visible), you should see the Bluetooth "B". I don't have my Win 7 PC handy, so this is from memory. I also use "Windows Classic" theme, so my set up will look different from yours. I think you either click or right click and you are in the Bluetooth options window. One of the options is to add another device or search for new devices. All of this is in a different area than your network settings and will only show any Bluetooth devices that you have previously paired with the PC.

I was able to add the headset after I did a registry cleanup. It shows the Plantronics 520 in the devices screen. When I right click on it and select sound settings, the headset shows up, but is not active and can't get it to show that way. I can't set it as a default device.

OK, I finally got the Plantronics 520 to be set as a default device. I now see the selection for bluetooth device in the 3CX softphone, but it still does not work.

So you are able to now select it in the 3CX phone options? Is there no audio at all, from any source, when you place a call? Can the called party hear you?

leejor said:
So you are able to now select it in the 3CX phone options? Is there no audio at all, from any source, when you place a call? Can the called party hear you?

No audio at all in or out. Here are the Sound Preferences in 3CX:

Microphone: Bluetooth Audio Input (520Plantronics (Mono))
Speaker: Bluetooth Hands-free Audio (520Plantronics (Mono))
Ringing: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Still doesn't work.

I missed getting a Cisco/Linksys SPA941 IP Phone on eBay. Some other guy outbid me and got the 2 the seller had. I wan not happy about that.

If 3CX sees the Bluetooth headset in it's audio options then that should mean that the PC "sees" it. Does it show as being connected in the Bluetooth options? Is perhaps the volume muted or turned down on the audio control panel?

leejor said:
If 3CX sees the Bluetooth headset in it's audio options then that should mean that the PC "sees" it. Does it show as being connected in the Bluetooth options? Is perhaps the volume muted or turned down on the audio control panel?

The volume is not muted as far as I can see. When from the Devices and Printers window, I right click on the Plantronics 520 and click on Audio Settings then click on Test those bars on the right light up green. Tried a call ot wit the sotphone and couldn't hear anything.

Well it sounds like (pardon the pun) a computer problem. I would see if there was another application that would use (test) the headset to see if it works with that. If it does, then, the only thing I could suggest is to remove and then reinstall the softphone.

N7AS said:
I right click on the Plantronics 520 and click on Audio Settings then click on Test those bars on the right light up green.

Do you mean that it is reacting to your audio? If this is the case then I'd do the re-install, make sure you delete the directory just in case there is some corruption, I'm not sure what is left behind when you let Windows "remove" the program.

I think I might as well give up on this.
BTW, what is the purpose of the 3 lie buttons when you can only have one sip provider working at a time?

I think I will probably see if I can get a cheap USB handset untill I can get the money together for a Cisco/Linksys SPA941 as I origionally wanted to get. You know of any half-way decent USB phones that I can get real cheap?

You mean the 3 line buttons? Just like some "hard" VoIP phones that have more than one line button, you can receive a second call to your extension number while on a call (two more on this case) if the extension is set not to use the PBX status to determine if the line is busy. You could also place the first call on hold and make a second (or third) call for a consultation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.