• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx SP5 issue with SPA942

Status
Not open for further replies.

Printcnx

Customer
Reaction score
Hi I just upgraded my company phone system to the latest service pack and I have an unusual problem...
I am running 16 cisco spa502g phones and two cisco spa942 the 502g's work great and one of the 942's is working ok as well. I have one 942 that keeps rebooting and giving me the updating firmware screen then as soon as it has finished initializing the network the whole process begins again.

I have since troubleshooted the following:

Update to the latest cisco firmware
factory restore

anyone else getting this problem??
it started once I updated to sp5 so far two phones have been doing this.. one 502g which seemed to be fixed by updating the firmware but the 942 has been cycling over and over again which is frustrating because I cannot pinpoint the cause...

This happened to me as well and my phones were rebooting every 12 hours. There was a change in the Linksys phone template that enables firmware updates and you will need to turn that feature off. Just change the Upgrade Enable to "NO" and reprovision your phones.

<!--########################################################-->
<!--### Firmware Upadte Settings ###-->
<!--########################################################-->

<Upgrade_Enable group="Provisioning/Firmware_Upgrade">No</Upgrade_Enable>
<Upgrade_Rule group="Provisioning/Firmware_Upgrade">http://%%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/firmware/%%firmware%%</Upgrade_Rule>
<Upgrade_Error_Retry_Delay group="Provisioning/Firmware_Upgrade">86400</Upgrade_Error_Retry_Delay>

Thanks !! I will give that a try tomorrow and see how it goes...

That seemed to have fixed the problem...
I actually prefer to update the firmware on the phones directly from the cisco firmware utility not the most efficient but it works fine for 16 phones...

thanks again jtrollen....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.