3CX, SPA3102, Comdial DXP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jethridge, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jethridge

Just getting started on 3CX -- looks very cool and well written.
    I'm trying to connect up a SPA3102 which is working quite well... I have it setup as a VoIP Gateway to my PSTN line and it works great. I can dial into the PSTN line and the SPA3102 forwards it on to 3CX which is routed to my IVR. Works flawlessly.
    What I want to do next is assign an extension in 3CX which will do the following:
    * HookFlash the current call on the PSTN line (which signals to my Comdial DXP to put the call in a holding area)
    * Next, I want to Send DTMF tones from 3CX to the call
    * Wait a few seconds for the tones to go through
    * Then simply hang up

Doing the above will perform a transfer of the call through the Comdial DXP system as that the provider for my PSTN line and replace a very old prior system with 3CX which would be wonderful. Any guidance would be appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I won't say that it is impossible, but, I have not come across a way to pass a hook flash out on the PSTN (FXO port) on the 3102 from 3CX, over a trunk. I believe that a set plugged into the FXS can, but that is about it. In most applications, when the 3102 is used as a trunk with 3CX any hook flash performed by an extension (active on a call extending out to the PSTN via the 3102) will be "intercepted" by the PBX and not passed to the PSTN. Most situations where 3CX is used (obviously not all) will be in a business environment. In those situations where the phone line is connected to a PBX, features that require a hook flash are generally not ordered as they cannot be used

The only possible way that this could work is if you (3CX) were able to sent a SIP message that was interpreted by the 3102 as "perform a hook flash on the PSTN" and I'm not sure that exists.

3. jethridge

Thank you very much for the reply. Yeah I was afraid that would be the case. You're right -- per what I've read about the Spira there is a way to send it via a SIP INFO message or an AVT event which I'll have to come up with an alternative to send such. I appreciate the guidance.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may indeed be a message. Getting 3CX to send it would be the tricky bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.